Comunicado DE PRENSA
February 11 2020
Next Saturday, February 15, the Documentary “The beginning of the end of nuclear weapons” will be screened in which its director Álvaro Orús will be present.
This documentary has been screened in various cities around the world, obtaining the Accolade Merit Award
Global Film Competition
New York premiere of the film 'The beginning of the end of nuclear weapons.'
This documentary is about efforts to incorporate a treaty banning nuclear weapons in international law and the role of the International Campaign for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons, ICAN.
It is told through the voices of prominent activists from various organizations and countries and the president of the negotiation conference.
On this occasion we have the opportunity to project it in A Coruña and talk with Álvaro Orús about all the ins and outs of
surround "The beginning of the end of nuclear weapons."
The screening will take place on Saturday 15 at 18:30 p.m. at UGT Avda. De Fernández Latorre, 27.
This event opens the “Forum A Coruña pola paz ea nonviolencia”, organized by Mundo sen guerras e sen Violencia in collaboration with Galicia Aberta, Acampa and Hortas do Val de Feáns, within the framework of the 2ª World March for Peace and Nonviolence, that from February 15 to 22 will break down, in seven days different types of violence that we live in our society today.
Days, schedules and places
• Saturday February 15 18:30 pm screening of the documentary “The beginning of the end of nuclear weapons” and subsequent colloquium with its Director Álvaro Orús. UGT Avda. De Fernández Latorre, 27.
• Monday February 17 19 pm Emigration and Shelter. UGT Avda. De Fernández Latorre, 27.
• Tuesday, February 18, 19 pm Mental Health in a “black mirror” world At Casares Casa Quiroga Museum. Rúa Panaderas, 12.
• Wednesday, February 19, 19:30 p.m. Mulleres skeleton na Science. In MUNCYT of A Coruña (Praza do Museo Nacional de Ciencia 1).
• Thursday, February 20, 18 p.m. Institutional Violence In Casa Casa Quiroga Museum. Rúa Panaderas, 12.
• Friday 21 19 h. Gender Violence Multidisciplinary approach to gender violence. In Casa Casa Quiroga Museum. Rúa Panaderas, 12.
• Saturday February 22 12 h. Mediation and conflict resolution workshop through empathy. UGT Avda. De Fernández Latorre, 27.
The forum event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/182230339719897/