The 3rd World March for 2024 is announced at the Forum for Nonviolence in Mar del Plata - Argentina
In celebration of 10 º aniversario of Week for Nonviolence in Mar del Plata driven Osvaldo Bocero y Karina Freira where activists from more than 20 countries of America, Europe y Africa.
Alli Rafael of the Rubia announced live from Madrid that in the 2024 the 3ª World March for Peace and Nonviolence.
El Forum on Nonviolence It began with a small and emotional ceremony of a request for world peace in three languages: español, Portuguese y guarani. It was a few minutes of meditation and connection between the participants.
Osvaldo presented the achievements and progress of what began as a Week for Nonviolence Within the framework of 1ª World March at 2009 and how it has progressed during these 10 years. A short summary documentary was screened with images of that journey.
We reproduce some of the proposals that Rafael of the Rubia, the spokesperson for the World March, stated in his speech:
"Is Nonviolence Week It is an example of permanence for 10 years, which serves as inspiration. It is the sustained activity in the process, which shows us the way and the progress.
On this day we want to attend to the term nonviolence
In early February 2016, in the Forum of Peña Blanca (Honduras), the humanist association MSGySV launched the campaign for the inclusion of the word nonviolence in the dictionary of Academies of the Spanish Language.
It is about extending this action to other languages that do not have the word either. Nonviolence in Russian is said nonviolence, in Czech it is nenásilí, in German gewaltlosigkeit, in Italian nonviolence and in English Nonviolence, but in Spanish it doesn't exist.
For the word to be included in the dictionary of the Spanish language, it must be documented that it is used normally, this is how its possible inclusion works. It is therefore up to the social agents to work so that its use is generalized and that its meaning is assimilated and understood in all places where Spanish is spoken.
We take advantage of Nonviolence Day to invite it to be used as a single word, together and without the hyphen, and thus we can get the word officialized in the Spanish language. Let's collaborate to popularize its use and, with it, to give entity to a keyword for a new social era.
Nonviolence Film Festival: Today begins this 3-day International Festival promoted by FICNOVA.
Mediterranean Sea of Peace: Campaign started in the 2ª World March that intends to convert the Mediterranean in a sea of peace, a meeting of cultures and free from nuclear weapons.
- Sketchbook of the Saure Editorial. 100 pages. It will be out in a few weeks. In Spanish and Basque languages. Editions in other languages are expected.
- Book of Secretariat of the Nobel Peace Prize: Has been asked MSGySV write the chapter on nonviolence. We have to deliver it in December of this year.
-Book of the 2nd MM. We are with the contents and the assembly. Information is still missing from some places.
We are considering waiting a bit longer and getting it out when the TPAN. In that case we would incorporate a specific chapter on that topic.
- We are working on holding a Festival of world citizen cyber-activism on the theme of TPAN to celebrate its entry into force when I proclaim it United Nations. We calculate for the beginning of 2021.
- We will participate in the March for Peace Perugia - Assisi next October 10.
- International Conference: In Geneva at the end of October, Secretariat of the Nobel Peace Prize has invited MSGySV intervene together with 4 other international organizations, so that young people from these organizations present their proposals, projects and actions.
- Regional Forum for Peace in Latin America in march 2021 driven by Nobel Peace Prize with the support of the city of Merida-Mexico and 9 universities in the region Maya. Our body is also invited MSGySV.
-3rd World March
-We formally announce that 3ª MM will start on October 2, 2024
-Like in the 2ª MM it will start and end in the same city after circling the planet.
-It will incorporate regional tours such as: South American March, Central American March, March for the Mediterranean Sea of Peace y Latin American March. We hope that there will be others that will join. Hopefully we have marches with identity across continents.
-It will also incorporate the virtual tour format, in order to give the greatest possible participation to those interested.
Calendar of the 3rd World March
-On 21/6/2021, the bases will be known for the cities to apply for the 3rd MM 2024.
-The candidate cities will send their application on 21/6/2022.
-2/10/2022 will be announced where the 3rd MM will begin / end.
-2/10/2024 start of the 3rd World March.
From the MSGySV Global Coordination Team I am informed that this October the new membership census will be carried out, followed by the elections for the new global coordination team. We then invite you to participate and join World without Wars and Violence.
Nothing more, thank you very much…